For our annual Halloween Challenge, we asked you for stories about abandoned places. We received dozens of tales that spanned that spectrum! Thank you to every author who participated and submitted to our challenge. It was a delight reading all of your entries, and we know that it will be even more delightful for you to read the winners.
Halloween Challenge Winner
Halloween Challenge Honorable Mentions (in alphabetical order only)
SPECIAL HALLOWEEN EDITION CHALLENGE GUIDELINES:
- Keep stories to under 2,000 words and please include word count in email.
- Must be themed around abandoned places (please, no houses).
- Submit your story to email@example.com.
- Submission must be in the body of the email, no attachments please.
- Clearly label your submission “HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE: Last Name: Story Title”.
- You are welcome to submit a story for both the challenge and regular magazine content but please, just one challenge submission.
- Your challenge entry must not be submitted elsewhere.
- Challenge submission deadline is October 14, 2021 for possible inclusion in October 28, 2021 issue.
- Honorable mentions will be published. Any challenge submission is your pre-approval of publication in our October 28, 2021 Halloween Issue without additional notification to you.
- Winner receives $50 via PayPal.